The suspect was among 30 others paraded for various offences by the Kaduna State Police Command on Wednesday.
He said he engaged in the act to make ends meet after his dismissal from the air force in 2009 for smuggling five bags of rice from the neighbouring Benin Republic.
``I was recruited into the Air Force in 1990 as a regular and later joined the short service and got commissioned. I was dismissed in 2009 as a flight lieutenant.
`` I joined a robbery gang after my dismissal from the air force.
``There are several other personnel of the air force who committed more serious offences than mine but were left and are still serving in the air force.
``But I was dismissed because of the light offence of smuggling in five bags of rice, '' he
said.
He insisted that his superiors were not fair to him for recommending his dismissal from the air force.
``There was no justice and as a result I joined the robbery gang in anger,'' he said.
The police said they were still investigating him to ascertain his level of involvement in the crime
Wednesday, 3 October 2012
Dismissed officer blames NAF for joining car-snatching gang
Labels:
Local News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment